Sam's Clubs closing: How to get a refund on your membership fee
Walmart is closing 63 Sam’s Club stores – including one in Alabama. The closures have left customers wondering what will happen with the membership fee they paid.
Sam’s Club’s satisfaction guarantee provides customers with a full refund of the annual membership fee at any time, according to its website.
Fees to join Sam’s Club ranged from $45 for a basic membership to $100 for a Sam’s Plus card, which offers cash-back on purchases and other perks.
How to get a refund:
- You can go online here at the company’s membership page to request a refund.
- Once there, you will be given three options:
- A full refund by check
- A full refund by e-gift card
- An offer for a free 3-month membership extension
The e-gift card will arrive within seven days; the check refund can take up to six weeks.
- Users will be prompted to complete address info for refunds.
- You can cancel by calling customer service at 888-746-7726 to cancel your membership and request a refund.
- You can request a refund at the membership desk at any Sam’s Club stores. Keep in mind, many of the stores closed immediately, so chances are you will have to go to another location.
After the closures, there will be 597 Sam’s Clubs in the U.S.