Gossip column: Giroud, Hazard, Courtois, Coutinho, Sterling, Batshuayi


<!–

Transfer news

Olivier Giroud wants a loan move from Arsenal to get regular first-team football and secure his place in France’s World Cup squad. West Ham and Crystal Palace are both interested in the 31-year-old striker. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea forward Eden Hazard, 26, says he is no rush to leave the club, after being linked with a move to Real Madrid. (Onze Mondial, via Sun on Sunday)

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois says there is “no reason” for him to not sign a new contract. The 25-year-old had been linked with a return to Spain. (VTM Stadion, via Evening Standard)

Raheem Sterling says he would prefer to go abroad if he leaves Manchester City, rather than return to London. Arsenal wanted to sign the 23-year-old forward in the summer. (Mail on Sunday)

Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho wants assurances he will be allowed to join Barcelona next summer, allowing the 25-year-old to concentrate on his final few months at Anfield. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea will allow striker Michy Batshuayi, 24, to go out on loan in January. (Sun on Sunday)

Goalkeeper Joe Hart, 30, will not be allowed to end his loan move to West Ham in January. (Sunday Times – subscription required)

Jack Wilshere is confident he can force his way back into Arsenal’s plans. The club have yet to make an offer to extend the 25-year-old midfielder’s contract, which ends in June. (Sunday Telegraph)

Liverpool,Manchester United and Tottenham have joined Everton in registering an interest in Augsburg left-back Philipp Max, 24. (Mail on Sunday)

Everton and West Ham are monitoring Leicester forward Josh Eppiah, 19. (ESPN)

Manchester United have made Juventus’ Alex Sandro, 26, their primary left-back target. The club had initially wanted to sign Danny Rose, 27, but have become wary of dealing with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. (Independent)

Manchester United have invited 17-year-old winger Alphonso Davies, who plays for MLS side Vancouver Whitecaps, to train with the club. (CTV, via Sunday Express)

Paris St-Germain forward Hatem Ben Arfa, 30, and winger Lucas Moura, 25, have been spoken to about potential January moves. (ESPN)

The Sunday Times

Meanwhile…

Stoke City manager Mark Hughes has dismissed suggestions he could be sacked. Hughes’ side have lost three of their past four league games. (Talksport)

Cristiano Ronaldo’s son told his dad he was going to grow up to be “better than him” at football after the Real Madrid forward won his fifth Ballon d’Or. (Sunday Mirror)

Greater Manchester Police have responded to a fan’s request that they arrest anyone wearing a half-and-half scarf at Sunday’s Manchester derby. (ESPN)

Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet sent Kamil Grabara a message of congratulations after the 18-year-old signed a new long-term deal at the club. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea forward Michy Batshuayi was mocked by fans after cradling a hot water bottle on the bench during the first half of the Blues’ 1-0 loss to West Ham. (Sun on Sunday)

Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe had a cheeky comeback to Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson when the two bumped into each other after their Premier League meeting. (BBC Radio Solent)

Memories of past football matches are being used by a charity to help ease the loneliness of dementia sufferers and stimulate their memories. (Sunday Telegraph)

Best of Saturday’s gossip

Manchester United have offered left-back Luke Shaw, 22, to a host of Premier League clubs as manager Jose Mourinho looks to raise funds for the January transfer window. (Daily Record)

Chelsea fear goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 25, could reject a new deal amid interest from Real Madrid. (Mail)

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is open to the prospect of Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, 28, returning to the club. (Express)

Arsenal target Steven N’Zonzi has been left out of Sevilla’s squad for their match against Real Madrid this weekend as speculation over the 28-year-old midfielder’s future intensifies. (Metro)

The Gunners have yet to offer midfielder Jack Wilshere a new deal, despite the 25-year-old England international’s contract expiring at the end of the season. (Telegraph)

Let’s block ads! (Why?)



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *